Saturday 5 July 2014

levels of reality

In my definition of ‘Nature of Reality’, I mentioned that we have a physical Reality, and at least one nonphysical Reality. We actually have multiple nonphysical Realities, typically described as being different frequencies – much as one can have lots of radio stations on a radio band that are each at a different frequency. That is, in my view, a bit of a simplification, as the different nonphysical realities are each more like the difference between AM and FM radio.
Each of those nonphysical Realities is often termed a Level of Reality. Some older mediaeval texts drew the Levels as spheres, on inside each other, and thus termed them Spheres, but I don’t think that is a useful way to think of them – it can be a bit limiting.
These Levels are well known, and those Levels closest to the physical are generally referred to as the Etheric and Astral. There are various name schemes for the Levels ‘above’ those (in terms of frequency); the ones that I use are in the table below. Be mindful that other people may use other terms.

Spiritual
the level of existence from which higher spiritual inspiration comes, and the highest frequency level in this system
Upper mental
the level of existence of our “higher consciousness”
Lower mental `
a level of existence which is intermediate between the mental and the astral
Upper astral `
the level of existence of our astral body, which survives death
Lower astral
a level of existence which is intermediate between the astral and the physical, which may be where some earthbound entities find themselves
Etheric
the level of existence of an energetic model for our physical self, which may survive death for a while until it dissipates, and can cause some (not all!) apparent hauntings
Physical
the level of existence of our physical body, at the lowest frequency in this system, which does not survive death
There is more on this topic in the links under the definition of chakra.
As of the time this definition was written, I’ve touched on this idea in the following posts:
     Holiday Rambles
A couple of decades ago, while working on a book on rescue which I never finished, I did a few - lighthearted - sketches to help illustrate what I was writing about. The following sketch was for the purpose of illustrating what I was writing about levels - and I was using animals in an anthropomorphic way as a cartoon device (incidentally, I had intended to redraw these to be a bit more distinct, but as I haven't had time to do so over the last few decades, I've decided to post them now, as they are  with a hope they may be of some use or lead to someone doing something better):





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.