Saturday 19 July 2014

clairaudience



Clairaudience literally means ‘clear hearing’ (see here, here and here for more on this). In the context I and others have used it, it means non-physical perception that is interpreted as hearing a sound – whether the sound is of people talking (i.e., ‘hearing voices’ – see here and here), sounds (such as spirit rapping, associated with the Fox Sisters, but which I once posted about specifically here), synaesthetic perceptions of reality (e.g., sensing a musical tone in association with a colour, which I had to a minor degree when I was young) or some other sound that has no physical cause (not just ‘no perceived physical cause’, but no actual physical cause).
My main psychic perception is clairaudience, rather than clairvoyance – although I can get confused between my clairaudience and my clairsentience or my intuition, partly because of a lack of attention to mechanism (I check the energy, and if it is BPLF, then I don’t really care whether it is clairaudience,  clairsentience or intuition, just what the message is) and partly because my psychic sensing is mostly subjective, rather than objective.
Psychic perception of a sound as if it was outside the head is termed ‘objective’, and when the sound is inside the head it is termed ‘subjective’. There was a ‘guide’ I read that objective clairaudience could be indicative of mental illness. This is a dangerous guide, as mental illness could be indicated by a wide range of things - mental health professionals are the people to consult on that, not simplistic guides! Furthermore, some perfectly sane people could have objective clairaudience – as acknowledged in some of the links I gave at the start of this definition. I have experienced objective clairaudience once, someone with positive energy light-heartedly calling my name at a time when I was depressed.
If you want some sort of guide, a better one I have read of is this: is the person in control of the clairaudience and the effect it is having on them, or is the clairaudience having an out of control effect? As you contemplate this, be aware that, according to this site, 4 to 10% of people ‘hear voices’ in some way, and this Psychology Today article says that one in three voice hearers need help, but others may find their voices helpful. (See here, also, for a suggestion for health professionals on this.)

As of the time this definition was written, I’ve touched on this idea in the following posts:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.