Saturday, 16 September 2023

(aspects of) character [Content Warning - includes disturbing/harmful matters]

I've decided to create this post so I can plonk a few links about various aspects of character here, rather than go searching for links when I want to write about an aspect of character. 

Emotions are a separate matter, which I have started to address at emotions [Content Warning: discussion includes "negative" emotions, harm, and trauma]. That post includes:

 

   <future aspects>   

 

General posts: 

  •    <to be added>    

 

Flawed types of character 

 

Character flaws/actions 

  • amathiac reliance on determination/“stiff upper lip”/“being “professional”” to overcome unconscious bias:   “Smokers unlikely to quit with just willpower, say researchers”   https://www.theguardian.com/society/2025/jan/24/smokers-unlikely-to-quit-with-just-willpower-say-researchers   “Those using e-cigarettes, medication or heated tobacco products are more likely to successfully give up smoking”   Willpower alone is not enough - which those who think they can overcome unconscious bias by determination should note      

 

Neutral/undecided (could be used either way) aspects/concepts/tools, including those that result from "just being human" 

  • [Content Warning - psychological/emotional triggers]   buttons;

 

Character strengths/actions/tools/concepts 

  • Cure Violence (organisation) (the concept of transmissibility of violence is significant - particularly as it applies to constructive aspects as well); 




 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.